5 Things I've Learned Since Starting Art School

Two weeks ago I started working towards my degree in Graphic Arts. Something you might not know about me- I have, never in my life, taken a true art class. Being homeschooled, of course I've taken a mini co-op class or two and there was that one time in high school Mom did her best to get us to do some fine-arts techniques. That lasted for about two months, but then life got busy and well, you homeschooler's understand (P.S. She didn't end up giving us credit for that attempt. We took Art Appreciation at the community college the next semester.) 

So, as you might imagine, these past few weeks have been challenging and exhilarating for me. Let me tell you one thing though- I absolutely love it. Sure, sometimes I am frustrated about how little vocabulary I might know, or how I feel like a little kid compared to some of the others in my class, but I am seriously so happy in those classes. Here is a little list I have compiled of some lessons learned these past weeks: 

1. The big, white eraser is your friend. 

2. Even though the hard rubber smells funky, it picks up rubber cement like a pro. 

3. Having only 10 minutes for lunch between class is probably not the best idea. 

4. The best pencil sharpeners are made in Germany.

5. A tackle box works incredibly well for transporting all your art supplies (even though that neon orange lid looks really stupid.).

Comments

Popular Posts