Perfection

I randomly decided last month sometime to put down my yearly devotional and just start reading through the book of Isaiah. I can't even tell you why. Maybe it is because Isaiah has always kind of intimidated me. Anyways, it has been such a welcome change.

To be reminded that I will never be perfect on my own, but that Christ is enough for me. To understand that God will never love me just for my accomplishments and equally never hate me for my mistakes. 

Just to really think about when God looks at me, he sees Christ. I don't have to fear about being good enough. Really I will never be good enough. There is no way on earth I ever can be. That is when Christ steps into that place for me. How awesome is that?
I am forgiven, completely. Knowing that is freeing. 

So now I pursue to glorify God. To praise him, to learn from him, to rely on him, and to grow in him. To "Learn to do what is good. Pursue justice. Correct the oppressor. Defend the rights of the fatherless. Plead the widow's cause." -Isaiah 1:17-



Comments

Popular Posts