DPP 2017- Day 1

DPP 2017 Day 1-

We pilled into the car early, driving up the coast, to the event we'd all been anticipating for the past few months. I blasted my music and she never complained once. She even sang along to it.
We grabbed a quick lunch and headed off to waste some time before the show started. She patiently went along to wherever we wanted to go, whatever we wanted to do.
She played hangman with us and sipped coffee. She took our picture and let me snap a quick selfie too. She calmly waited for directions to the concert.
She sat along and sang with us. She laughed at the same parts we did and enjoyed the music with us.
I don't think of her as much as I should. I don't say thank you nearly enough. The truth is, I put my own wants in front of hers.
All this and yet she still loves me.
So when they started to sing that song about what real love looks like, I couldn't help but look over at my mom and be truly thankful. She does love selflessly. More importantly though, her love is proof she serves a God of love. There is no other explanation for it than that, because I know I am a hard person to love.

Thanks for such a great day Mom. I love you.

#DPP17

Comments

Popular Posts