DPP 2017- Day 12

DPP 2017 Day 12-

Here's something you might not know about me- I write poetry. I've never shared any of it with anyone before, but on this occasion, I feel like its the only way I can describe how I feel. Poetry is my outlet for unspoken words.

Today marks one year since my 7 year old nephew died. Throughout the week of his death, the words of this poem came to me. I wrote it through tears, anger, even regret.


Four Little Words

Something inside me changed
In that moment I felt broken
Before then my life seemed unchanged
Until those four little words were spoken

What I heard can't be true
Maybe I'd wake up soon
But then I see them there- two
My life then spun out of tune

IT was not okay, I was not okay
I thought, "Please, stop asking me that."
It felt as though there was no ray
that could break through the dim, the dark, the matte

But then, through my tears, I cried out
I needed something else to get me through
I was so full of doubt
All this my great Savior knew

When I blamed and when I wept
He was there and he was loving
In between my doubt and faith he stepped,
Protecting me from my heart's bluffing

I am changed by that day
Nothing will ever stop my longing
But this I am confident to say-
He met me in my mourning

The artwork above was my Graphite mid-term for my drawing class this semester. "Choose an object that has changed or inspired you." my professor said. Immediately, Harper came to mind. What a better way to honor him then as my first major project in art school. The last time I got to spend time with him, we drew together. As we were sitting quietly there at the table, Harper looked up at me and said, "Sarah, that is so beautiful." I was just doodling a cactus. That is something Ill hold with me forever.

#DPP17


Comments

Popular Posts