Printmaking

Printmaking-

The best and worst thing all at once. The process is long, but the rewards are sweet. Definitely the most demanding art form I have done this far.

Printmaking takes double, if not triple, the time of the projects I've done in the past. Brainstorm, sketch, trace, transfer, outline, carve, draw template, size & rip paper, ink block, and finally print. If there's anything printmaking teaches you, it is definitely patience and hard work. One misstep in any of those steps above and your piece can have a completely different outcome.

Maybe that's why I have been thinking a lot lately about how great God's grace and mercy really is. He constantly forgives me even when I make mistake after mistake. He loves me through my doubt. He is there in my short comings. The perfect Creator, who has never made a mistake sees fit to forgive a sinner like me. And here's the most amazing thing about all of that- my outcome is still the same. He has had a plan for me since the beginning of time and he will never change it. I will go through everything in life and know that it is His sovereign will for me. That is true assurance.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts