Yep, I didn't finish- again.

Another December Photo Project has come and gone and yeah, I didn't finish- again. Every year I think, "This is it, this will be the year I do it!". Year after year though, I come up short. 

You know what though? Isn't that how all of life is? Making these grand expectations for ourselves and failing? The end of the holiday season wrapped up a couple weeks ago now, but everyday I am more and more grateful for that little baby born in a manger. 

He alone has conquered my grand expectations and over and over again called me to leave them behind. I am learning that he is really the only expectation I can put my hope in. This world will continue to fail me. I will continue to fail myself- but Jesus!! Jesus will never ever fail. "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." - Psalm 73:26.

Comments

Popular Posts