20 Minutes Together

"Are you in San Antonio?!" the unexpected text read. I quickly exed out of the screen to call her. "Abigail Clow!" I said, "Are YOU in San Antonio?!" Little did we know that we had this entire conversation within 100 feet from each other. She sent her location and we quickly ran through the rain to the hotel we had randomly parked next to hours before. There she was, standing behind the glass door, waiting. And not only was I there, but behind me was Jo, a complete surprise to Abi.

We interned together in Belgium the summer of 2018. We called ourselves "Las Tres Amigas." The last time we were together was a year and a half ago, dreading saying goodbye, in an airport on the other side of the ocean. These girls hold such a special place in my heart. They have seen me at my most stressed and broken, have loved and encouraged me from afar, and visited me when I needed it most. Now here we were, all three of us, in a city none of us are from - together.

I am overwhelmed by the goodness of our God to bring us back together, even if it was for just a short 20 minutes. We quickly caught up and hugged and screamed our excitement. We've all changed and gone through hard things. There've been too many highs and lows to count between us all. And yet- we all sang praises of the Lord's work and growth in our lives. What a God I serve and I am so thankful that these girls serve him wholeheartedly too.

Much love to yall.
You make my heart happy.

Comments

Popular Posts