Momma H



Mom,
You sacrificed so much to give us all a good life. You gave up your job, your Masters degree, even your career to see us through. And my, have you done what you set out to do. You have surpassed that. I am so thankful now to look back on your extraordinary surrender to self to see us be the best we could be. I never fully saw how much you let go, so that I could be raised by you. I took your being with us every day for granted. I am sorry for all those years I blamed you and yelled at you. I am so very sorry for all those years I never thanked you for all you did for us. For all you did to educate, love, grow, lead, and encourage us. It could not have been easy to raise five kids all born within five years of each other. I want to say how I see you so differently now. Not only are you my mom, but you are my best friend. I am sorry for those years, and even the times now, when I acted moody, cranky, and selfish. I hope you always know how much I love and am thankful for you, even through my shortcomings. 

Dear Momma H-
I write this apology letter as a part of an assignment for my Childhood Growth and Development Psychology class three years ago. I don’t even remember if I ever gave it to you, but let me tell you I’ve really kind of thought about it ever since. You are a Super Mom. My thankfulness for you grows more year by year! In fact, I could probably write (& should write) another letter for the past three years! Thank you for your love, and your friendship, and your encouragement all these years. Love you Momma.
XoxOxoXO,
Sarah

Comments

Popular Posts