Majesty




I think everyone sees the majesty, beauty, and glory of God in different ways. For some nature, others weather, architecture, people, or friendships. When I traveled to Paris, sure I thought it was going to be cool, but I never thought it would be awe-inspring.

We woke up late, after a night of serious craziness. Wrong directions, different language, scary situations, but I was determined not to let any of that ruin my time. Okay to be honest, a phone call to my mom whipped me into shape (thanks mom!).

We set out on a five minute walk to Notre Dame Cathedral to start off our sight seeing filled day. It was beautiful, but I have to say, I think I was the only one who left dry eyed and unmoved. We walked on to get a bite to eat for lunch, sitting at a supposedly famous fountain. There were cameras out all around us, yet still, I have no idea why that fountain was famous.

And then, we were there. The most beautiful place I have ever seen. A train station turned fine arts museum. With only two hours till closing, my friends sent me off to explore the galleries. Gorgeous art from all styles, time periods, and artists. For about 30 minutes, I was alone for the first time in weeks. I savored the quiet, peace, and rest.

I made my way up the escalator, climbing to the top floor. I turned, went up a small set of stairs and there was Monet. Not only Monet, but Renoir, Degas, Manet and so many other Impressionists artist. That is where I cried. Well, more like sobbed. Yes, in the middle of a French museum, with people all around me.

That was when I had a major revelation. I find the glory, beauty, and majesty of God in art. I think that is always why I have loved art so much. Why I have always been drawn to it. He is in all the variations of colors. He is in the different techniques. He is in every painting, drawing, and sculpture. Art radiates the power of our Lord. He gave each artist the capabilities, skills, and inspirations to create masterpieces. Lord, you are unimaginably mighty!

"Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all."                                     1 Chronicles 29:11




Comments

Popular Posts